East Kent Sudbury (‘We’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller
Data subject – natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example, name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include race and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Who are we?
East Kent Sudbury is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. For all data matters contact:
3. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you about events and activities of interest to you
- To inform you about our activities in relation to founding the school
- To process your priority list application where relevant
You may give us information about you by signing up for the newsletter on the East Kent Sudbury website or by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter or book onto an East Kent Sudbury event.
4. The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data
- Personal data [name, title, email address, phone number, family members, their genders, ages]
We have obtained your personal data from you directly or from another member of your family
5. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract of Membership of East Kent Sudbury
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only ever hold your personal data for as long as you want us to and will remove all data immediately if requested.
We will annually review the data we hold and determine whether it is still in your interest for us to hold it. If we are at all unsure we will write to you and ask you to confirm if you would still like us to hold and process your data. If we don’t hear back from you within 30days we will delete all of the personal data we may hold.
8. Providing us with your personal data
We require your personal data as it is a contractual requirement for us to successfully communicate with you as a (potential) East Kent Sudbury parent
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
10. Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
11. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data or a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use before starting the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
13. To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us
If this does not resolve your issue to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113, or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.